Mar 19, 2011

Number 1 goes number 2

visit from Grannie Auntie, loved it!

neither one knew I took this, it was a precious sweet moment!

heart melting

hello world!


yes this is poop and yes I am proud! Autumns' 1st number 2 in the big girl potty!

"what you doin?" She talked with the yard angel for a few mins.
Dominic had his 2 month appointment on March 4th and weighed in at 8lbs 7oz. He is 21 inches tall and healthy as can be. We still take him to the chiropractor but instead of twice a week he goes once a week. His entire personality is more relaxed (as is ours) and I think we are letting each other just be. It has been a very exciting month! With Dominic changing almost over night we are taking pictures all the time much to sisters dislike. The other night she was dancing in her high chair while she devoured her supper. I pulled my phone out and tried to record this very cute number. "NO CAMERA!" and a hand in my face was her response. So, I guess some memories are going to have to just be ours alone.
We have started another journal for Autumn but this one is for cute things she says, hopefully someday she gets just as good a laugh as we do. One of the first entries is from the other day while Autumn was with Grammie Jo. Grammie Jo was in her kitchen minding her own business in the comfort of her own home with a 20 month old that misses nothing. During a moment of forgetting how observant Miss Autumn can be Grammie let out a healthy fart. Autumn said "Did you poop?" Grammie was laughing laughing, "I might have Autumn" to this Autumn sweet as always said "It's okay." When we got home and heard this we laughed so hard I think we all may have had some tears! Wonderful Autumn. Speaking of the great girl, on March 15th before we got into the bath I asked her if she had to go potty. She said she did and sat on her potty and when she said "All done." Lo and behold she had peed! I was so excited I wanted to snatch her up and give kisses and hugs and high fives and all the money to my name...wouldn't have been much but I would have given her anything. A friend of ours got very excited when her little girl did the same thing and thinks that may be the reason for a small set back and that it may have scared her daughter. So, I opened the door and said "Daddy, don't freak out, remain calm, but Autumn just peed in the potty!". My lips were quivering I was so excited. We held it together, high five our first born and I enjoyed a pee free bath. On March 17th Autumn ran to a corner grunting (where do little ones learn to be embarrassed of poo?) I asked her if she would like to put "that poo in your potty". "Yes mommy", and she took my hand and led me to the bathroom. She then made me turn my back to her and closed the bathroom door and a big lo and behold POO in the POTTY!!! So we are on our way, slowly but surely our little girl is ready to ditch the diapers.
Dominic is becoming quite the lover who loves to be squeezed and family dancing. He smiles and laughs and is so strong that a few times has almost pushed himself out of my arms while I walk with him. It is nice enough outside that we bundle up and are starting to play in the back yard as I slowly clear the winter supply of Bean poo. When that doesn't seem like a fun day to me I load the kiddos in the double stroller and we head to Daddy D's work. It always seems like a much better idea until I am on the way home and the wind is in my face. :)
Today Dana and I asked Autumn if she wanted to "shake her money maker". The cutest part was her trying to say it "shay your momy maer" and leaning over her snow boots she shakes the cutest bootie around! Saturday and Sunday are the best days since we all four get to be together and of course they are the days that go the quickest.
Last night I went out with my dear friend Liz to a movie and a drive. It was awesome! The whole time I am thinking I will get home and my 3 loves will be in our bed or they will all be asleep on the couch with espn on the tube. I was so wrong. Dana was READING! Dominic was in his crib ( I have not been successful at cribbing him) and Autumn was sound asleep in her bed. Way to go Daddy Dana! I have seen the light and I owe him much more credit than I give him. Not that our bed was child free all night, but the evening out and sleeping babies at home was a great way to end the week. Thank you husband for being completely radical. Yes I busted out an 80's word just for you;)

No comments: