Jan 2, 2011

One more sleep to hold our son!


Sweet Dominic missed New Years Day. We thought for sure that 1-1-11 or 1-11-11 was going to be a significant date since we have seen the numbers in sequence for most of the pregnancy. Wishful thinking? I was also a little hopeful to have the new year baby in Lewistown MT. just because! I just want him to be healthy and happy and I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about tomorrow and our scheduled c-section. It just seems so strange to me that he is due the 11th or the 17th depending on who you ask, the doc or the ultrasound tech, but is scheduled a week before. I know I know, no one wants surprises. The waiting game for me has been hair pulling. Every twinge or pull or even sneeze I think this might be it! Come on Little Man lets do this on your time. But he just isn't quite ready! So, my loving husband has his wish...the exact time of his sons arrival. In school I would be given an assignment...such as read this book and in 3 months write a book report. Easy enough. Well, two months and 3 weeks later I would be freaking out "Where's that stupid book?! How am I going to read this thing and do a report in one week? This teacher is so mean!" Do you see where my problem? I've known Dominic's arrival just as long as Dana and today, the day before he is coming ready or not, I am so not ready! As my mother has said with Autumn and with Dominic, "Summer, people have babies everyday whether or not you're ready according to your standards." Its a curse and a blessing to have such a wise mother. So, today we will do what we do. My Dads should be in sometime today, I have to go have blood tests just in case and while I do this I get to wear a fly little number called a mask since Lewistown is overrun with sickies. I'm excited, I'm nervous, I'm worried for Autumn. Our wonderful gorgeous Autumn. She now is very very comfortable in her big girl bed especially with one or both of us crammed into it with her. Once she falls away to slumber land we sneak away and for the last two nights when SHE wakes up she slides out of the bed, out the door and down the hallway. It's so cute but a bit on the creepy side to see such a small silhouette in the middle of the night, arms out stretched saying "Mommy". So, here is to one more day of waiting...one more day of wondering if a cough or sneeze is going to send us to the hospital (oh please oh please). Autumns c-section seems like a thousand years ago. I was also already in pain so I don't really remember the whole whirl of commotion. This time it seems its going to be so mellow and so planned I will have time to think about the needle in my back, the drugs putting me out and the sounds of everyone getting ready...What's my shrink say when my mind races? Oh yes...postpone that thought, come back to it later...so I'm going to go postpone today :) Who needs a racing mind anyway? Happy New Year! 

Big sister Autumn Christmas day


1 comment: