Nov 9, 2012

So long fall!

The Hubs:)
 

Merry-go-round is alright with Dom!
 

It was so cold this evening but the kiddos stand strong and didn't want to leave, Dom refused his coat and hat, again.
 

"doon git me!"
 
Autumn picked her owl costume out months ago! It was our suprise to her when we pulled it out the day before Halloween.
 

My two favorite teams, the Owls, and the Puppies. It's an intense rivalry!
 

why am I going door to door when all this goodness is just sitting here?
 

Kiddos buddies, Teagan and Blaine joined us for trick or treat night!
 

A visit from Papa Bruce before the snow fell!


The first big snow storm has hit and it is beautiful. I am reminded every time we get our first real snow how much I love Montana. I stood in the snow this morning, shovel in hand, head phones in and Waka waka blaring, and I could not stop smiling. I know for most that snow means more work, long hours in the cold, or dangerous commutes. I feel for them and I think of them on days like today that show no sign of letting up. In my heart though I thank God that I am home. Minnesota had snow and cold and wonderful people and it very easily could have been my home. But, Montana kept on calling, with a few detours on the way I have landed!
On Wednesday night I put in my headphones after making a "big storm" grocery list. I like to shop with music for a couple of reasons: 1. I love music  2. I don't like to feel like I have to make small talk just because I met someones eye. I usually don't feel like visiting while I grope fruit and veggies and I sure as hell don't want to blush (which I always do) if I am "caught" buying something girlie or a treat with SUGAR in it :). I will take them out and have little visits if I see someone I know and they see me. For the most part I let them have their time and I take mine. ANYWAY. I came home with my haul, no snow on the ground and it was still very comfortable out. I doubted the weather man. On Thursday the morning still seemed like maybe the forecast was off. Then our cell phones went off with a severe weather warning ( I did not hear mine as I was napping with the babes but Dana let me know it was loud and scared him) and still no snow. Then it started. It was every which way and fast. (I have a point, I promise). Thursday night Autumn would not eat anything offered, even the safe go to of toast. I said "Autumn, what would you like?" Strawberries Mom, I want some strawberries." Ok, I can do that. In fact I bought some fresh ones so that we wouldn't have to thaw any in a moment just like this. I pulled them out and they had mold growing all over them. It wasn't there the night before! I was irritated. I knew I didn't have to take them back the moment I found them  (I have a great friend that works at our local grocery and it's small town enough you rarely need a receipt). I was ticked because this was the 3rd produce item that was bad in a month and by God they needed to know about it tonight. I was out the door in the middle of the storm with my jams on, no bra and no make-up. I get there and I am ready to tell whomever will help me that I am sick of bad produce. I wait for the next teller and it is a young girl that has been working on losing weight this last year and she is doing amazing! She looks great, she smiles and makes eye contact and she never seemed to do that before. I simply returned my science project, took my few dollars and said "Thank you, you look great by the way", and I walked out. Okay so now I feel better and maybe that was the reason I had to take the strawberries back. As I'm driving home, I am hunched over the wheel to get as close to the heat as possible. I'm driving slow since I haven't been on snow for a while and I'm zoning out. I see a figure in a black, light jacket, black work shoes, no hat, no gloves and a grocery bag leaning into herself to fight the wind. She is walking with purpose and she looks freezing. "HI!!! Do you want a ride?" I'm hopeful she gets in and then answers because I'm freaking cold with the window down. She stops and looks at me, looks up and down the road, walks to the car and stands looking at me again. "Hi." Didn't she hear me?! "Hi, do you want a ride?" "I guess you look like a safe person to get a ride from". She gets in and says thanks and tells me where she lives. In the middle of the summer it would have been a nice walk in the evening. This night it would have been hell! I ask her why she is walking! "My mother has kidney disease, we only have one car, I just graduated from high school and I have only had this job a month. It is easier to just walk then to wake my mom up and ask for a ride". Lump in my throat. She is friendly and I feel for her for the short ride (everywhere in Lewistown is a short ride), she thanks me as she gets out and tells me how much she appreciated the ride. I want to run out to her, hug her, tell her "No, thank you". I also didn't want to freak her out so I stayed put and said "see you around". I walked into the door and told Dana "I know the reason I had to go out tonight. I had to meet that girl." It's nice when I get a nudge of reality and gratitude takes my breath away. So, if you remember, keep this girl and her mother in your prayers. Her name is Mo.
Now, let's talk kiddos!!!! Holy cow! Leaps and bounds these two are changing. They amaze us at the speed of light. Tonight as I made supper Dom strolled into the kitchen (he really strolls) "Hey Mom, how you going?" "I'm doing great, Dominic, how are you doing?" "What you doing Mom?" "I'm making supper Dom, what are you doing?" "Oh, making suPPer." P's are very important to Dominic. He is a very kind boy as well. "Hey Dad, I like your button (belly button). I like your toe. I like your shirt. I like your jacket. I like your hair. I like your mouth. I like your phone. I like your hands. I like your pants". He goes on and on. He still screams once in awhile. He is after all nearly two. Can you believe it?! He also tells us when he poops or pees. Dana walked in from work the other day and Dom was standing strong in the middle of the living room, "hi Dad, I pooping". I say in my head, "thank you God he saved it for Dana". :) We have a very hard time dressing this little man but with consistency, lavender, prayer, and ear plugs, he should be just fine in a few weeks.
Autumn, the ever shocker, told my chiropractor that "when my brover screams and I scream, my mom yells real loud 'that is enough!', and then I cry". Thanks Autumn, I think she thought I was pretty mellow until that statement.;) Today, as I changed Autumn she asked "did I poop or pee Mom?" I want to ask if she really needs to ask me that but I don't. "You peed Autumn". "Oh, you have got to be kidding me". She says this while she shakes her head with her hand over her eyes. Last week the three of us sat down for lunch and tension was a bit high. Dom wasn't happy about his meal and Autumn was beyond tired. I didn't know how to lighten up the mood so I made a monkey face. Ears out, eyes crossed and cheeks ballooned. Dominic about fell out of his highchair he laughed so hard and Autumn couldn't believe her eyes. She laughed and held her belly and then she tapped a fist on the table like the ol' "knee slapper". I cracked up. Where did she get this stuff?! She did it again and again and when I asked her about it she said Dana taught her that. "Why do you do that Autumn?" Oh Mom, I do it when something is really funny." Duh.
The moments my heart skips a beat are glimmers in my mind. I have them in there and I want them on paper but there are so many that I know I am losing them. I laid  down with Autumn today, like I do most days and she held a hot sweaty hand on my cheek "I love you Mom, you are my favorite Mom". "I love you too Autumn, you are my favorite daughter". I wonder if she sees the tears in my eyes or hears me lose my breath? Dominic is starting to enjoy cuddling again, usually it is after sister has yelled in his face or he has stubbed a naked foot but it's a chance to cuddle so we take it! He holds our chins when he lays on us and sometimes he sits up puts both hands on our face and just stares. He is also a leg hugger. He sneaks up behind us and says "Mommy!" or "Daddy" and squeezes.
Even though we don't like their fights the make up is always very cute. Dominic will say "I saw eee seester", and then they hug. It is not always that smooth. Most times we have to wait for them to both cool down before an apology is uttered. Now I can hear them crying as they get ready for bed. It is about 9:20 now, I should have more free time around 10.
By the by, Dana has lost 30lbs since we have started an Eat Clean challenge! We also started Insanity 4 weeks and 5 days ago. Don't you worry, we will be so pumped at the end of it we (I) will most likely post before and afters (wink wink) I know you can't wait! If you are wondering what eat clean is, eatcleandiet.com or Tosca Reno are two good places to check out. :) We also have a great friend that is a Beach Body coach and she helps keep us in check:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your pictures always make me feel like I'm right there...Yes, Julie, I beat you in posting first..I have no life......anyway,I'm getting ready to make a path for Grover, he hates snow touching his belly but he still has to go out. I think I have the winter "blahs" because I always seem to get down in the winter. So I've got some mosaic projects I'm trying to work on to keep me from drifting into crazy land. I think that's why I enjoy your blogging so much, your humorous writing about growing kids, pictures, etc. always bring a smile or a laugh. I miss my little Freddy so much still some days, and especially in this type of weather cause he was having difficulties when it got cold. Much like me I guess cause I feel more aches (even my teeth hurt when I shovel snow)Love you guys

Lala said...

I just remembered that you told me that you had blogged and that Rach beat me with a comment :( I wondered what the comment on facebook was about her teeth hurting in the cold....now it makes sense. I always chuckle when I hear that Dom and Autumn have gotten into a 'rassling' match or a slap contest. I know that they will end up the best of friends for the rest of their lives but first they need to find out how far they can push you to the brink of insanity listening to them torment one another. Hang in there....you and Dana make a good team when you are pitted against the Dom and Autumn ;)
Love you forever, MOM